Professional Programs Admissions/Requirements(Professional Bodies Registration NO. PB. 68 | Affiliated to NABPTEX | Partner of American Association of Project Managers | Akamai University)
Institute of Project Management Professionals programs offers a focused four concentration which include Project Management, Project Procurement Engineering, Project Financial Engineering and Project Economics. This rigorous curriculum integrates Project Management tools with management concepts, giving practitioners the skills to manage an entire lifecycle of a product or program. This concentration in Project Management is designed to expand the skills of senior level program or portfolio managers. Member Candidate will be challenged to contribute to the current body of knowledge in this area through scholarly research and writing. The program at Institute of Project Management Professionals train students to become Project Management professionals. The program prepares Member Candidate to think and act strategically and enhance their abilities to make positive contributions in their chosen area of management expertise.
The Project Management program with Institute of Project Management Professionals is an innovative program of study designed to support senior project practitioners in the development of their role. Bringing a broad range of benefits to the organizations in which they work. The unique program of study provides a bespoke learning system tailored to the needs of individuals and organizations. The program emphasizes on three sets of competencies:
- Specific Concentration discipline
- Leadership and Change Management
- Research and Writing
In addition, graduation requires the approval of a dissertation which documents the member’s research processes and presents the findings and conclusions of that research, and suggests future research. The dissertation is divided into two major segments: the proposal and the full dissertation. The proposal will be developed by the Candidate, and then submitted by the mentor to the Institute Review Board. The research will then be conducted and written up, resulting in the full dissertation, which is then reviewed by a committee. These processes are conducted under the supervision of IPMP Doctoral Fellows, or Professors.
Students’ admission, progression and graduation
The Certified program is offered to the Doctorate, Maters, Bachelor, HND, Diploma, GCE Ordinary level, A level, SSSCE, WASSCE, and Mature students.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate with deficiency in some courses: A student can enter into the IPMP with a deficiency in the SSSCE or WASSCE Certificates by admitting into Level 1 of IPMP Foundation (Certificate in Project Management).
- Candidates with RSA Stage III, DBS, ABC, A’ Level Certificate, Post-Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’, Diploma Certificates will be admitted into Level 1 of IPMP Foundation (Certificate).
- Bachelor and Diploma holders in the field of Procurement Management, Project Management, Project Financial Engineering & Project Economics, etc. shall be admitted and will be assessed individually in consideration into Level 3 of IPMP Membership Level (Professional Diploma).
- Bachelor and Diploma holders not in the field above qualify to be admitted and will be assessed individually in consideration for IPMP course exemption based on his/her academic transcript
- Master holders in the field of Procurement Management, Project Management, Project Financial Engineering and Project Economics etc. shall be admitted and will be assessed individually in consideration into Level 4 of IPMP Membership Level (Professional Advance Diploma).
- Master holders not in the field above qualify to be admitted and will be assessed individually in consideration for IPMP course exemption based on his/her academic transcript
- Professional certification candidates with the following qualifications: ICEG I, CIFIA I, MAMSA I, ICA Part I, ACCA Part I, CIMA Level I, CIB Level I, ICSA Level I qualify to be admitted and will be assessed individually in consideration for IPMP course exemption based on his/her academic transcript