About Institute of Project Management Professionals (IPMP)(Professional Bodies Registration NO. PB. 68 | Affiliated to NABPTEX | Partner of American Association of Project Managers)
The Institute of Project Management Professionals (IPMP) is a Licensing and Regulatory Professional Body in Ghana, incorporated under the Companies Code, 1963 (Act 179) as a private Company limited by shares, duly registered as a Professional Body in accordance with the provisions of the Professional Bodies Registration Decree, 1973, National Revolutionary Council Degree 143 as Chartered Project Management Institute (CPMI) to train professionals in project management with NRCD Registration No. PB 68.
The Institute is approved by Ministry of Education through the Ghana Education Service (GES), a registered TVET Center for Council for Technical and Vocational Education & Training (COTVET-Ghana),
To promote excellence in the practice of professional project managers by Certifying and regulating its members. Institute of Project Management Professionals is established to:
- Conducts examinations for its members to test the competency level
- Awards membership of the Institute;
- Evaluate the competency of persons engaged in project management
- Awards certificates of competency in the field of project management
- Research and publish on matters relating to national project development, matters of professionals interest and all relevant reports with regards to national development
To promote and advance the science and practice of project management in the world especially enhance development in West Africa and foster the highest level of professionalism in project success.
To train Professionals in the field of Project Management to become the national backbone of various countries, organization and ready to meet and overcome risks/challenges.
- To train professionals with skills in expediting by initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria.
- To provide a platform for project managers, engineers, consultants & team members to share knowledge and contribute to National Development in Ghana, Africa and the World at large
- To connect the innovative capacity of project management professionals steps towards self-reliance.
- To eliminate the gaps between theory and practice helping to lift Ghana/Africa out of obscurity in areas of project management